It is with a mix of deep gratitude and sadness that the Board of Directors of The LOFT announces the departure of Judy Troilo as Executive Director. Judy joined us four years ago and played a pivotal role in elevating The LOFT and enhancing the services we provide to the community.
A letter from LOFT Board President, Kira Barden:
It is with a mix of deep gratitude and sadness that the Board of Directors of The LOFT announces the departure of Judy Troilo as Executive Director. Judy joined us four years ago and played a pivotal role in elevating The LOFT and enhancing the services we provide to the community. Because of her efforts, The LOFT is one of the pre-eminent regional LGBT organizations. We will all miss her greatly and want to thank her for exceptional accomplishments, including:
- Significantly growing the overall budget of the organization through diverse streams of revenue, including grants, business sponsorships, and individual contributions;
- Launching LOFT Pride as a community festival with entertainment, vendors, and community activities;
- Revitalizing our annual Gala as a celebratory event that serves as our largest fundraiser;
- Securing new grants from Corporate, Westchester County and New York state funders;
- Growing our staff and enhancing the programs and services offered to the community;
- Partnering with additional local organizations and building stronger bridges with organizations aligned to our mission;
- Mentoring and being a role model to staff, interns and volunteers; and
- Working in countless other ways to improve the lives of LGBT community members and advance The LOFT’s mission to advocate, educate, and celebrate.
We will be conducting a search to find the new Executive Director to lead The LOFT into the next chapter of our story. During this transition period, the Board of Directors has appointed John Baker to serve as interim Executive Director. It is our priority to find the best individual to lead, while still maintaining a stable and effective organization. We welcome two members of The LOFT community to join our search committee for the next Executive Director. If you are interested in becoming part of the search committee, please reach out to email@example.com.
We want to say thank you to Judy for her dedication, passion and leadership during her four years tenure. She will be greatly missed by the Board, staff, interns, volunteers, and the community, and we wish her well in her next opportunity. We will celebrate Judy’s service as part of our annual holiday brunch on Saturday, December 8th at noon at Vintage Lounge & Restaurant in White Plains.
If you have any questions or concerns during this transition process, please do not hesitate to reach out, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kira Barden, President
and The LOFT Board of Directors