PROUDWST Me is a new initiative at The LOFT LGBT Community Center for Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming and Non-Binary persons who reside in the Hudson Valley region. PROUDWST Me stands for: Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Westchester, Sullivan, TGNCNB and the Me is for empowerment.
LOFT staff will work with you to achieve your proudest sense of self by promoting health & well-being, working on personal goals and strengthening connection to community. We meet you where you're at and then build from there!
We want to do our part in helping to lower the rate of HIV/STD/Hep C transmission while also addressing your social, mental and behavioral health needs. We do this by providing case management, sexual health education, health and wellness resources and referrals in the areas of housing, employment assistance, education, public benefits and mental health care. We also link you to free HIV/STD/HEP C testing, PrEP/PEP services and TGNCNB specific services such as legal name change assistance, hormone replacement therapy and surgical referrals, and social & support groups. This is done in a non-clinical and non-judgmental way by a person who is committed to helping and supporting you who is either a part of the TGNCNB community or is an ally.
PROUDWST Me also has a focus of working with TGNCNB communities of color, although all TGNCNB community members who are ages 18 and over and reside in the 7 county region are welcome to enroll. Program staff apply an anti-racist, anti-oppressive lens to the work that we do, to help promote inclusive and equitable programs.
PROUDWST Me is funded by the NYS Dept of Health AIDS Institute.
The overall program goals are:
- Prevent new HIV/STD/HCV infections;
- Increase HIV/STD/HCV testing and screening services;
- Increase the number of TGNCNB individuals who know their HIV/STD/HCV status;
- Identify HIV/STD/HCV infected individuals and ensure access to early, high quality medical care and prevention services;
- Increase access to comprehensive sexual health information;
- Facilitate access to prevention services including PrEP/PEP linkage and support services;
- Facilitate access to essential supportive services; and
- Increase social support, reduce social isolation, and increase self-esteem for TGNCNB individuals.
Get started by contacting
Kiara Taylor, PROUDWST Me Peer Navigator at (914) 410-1235 (Cell) or (914) 948-2932 x10 (Office) or Kiara@loftgaycenter.org to schedule an appointment. Enrollment is free.