Siver Connections is The LOFT's LGBT 55+ Senior Outreach Program.
Silver Connections is designed to encourage socialization and continued learning in adults, 55 and older. The group holds meetings focused around learning new topics and skills, intergenerational conversation, peer support, and community outings.
Silver Connections hosts two Open Houses on the 2nd Saturday & 4th Tuesday of each month. These meetings feature a community presenter and lite lunch, and run from 11:30am to 1:00pm.
Next Open House Meetings:
Saturday June 10th & Tuesday June 27th
Saturday June 10th Topic - Know Your Rights: LGBT Legal Presentation (with Neelu Pathiyil of Legal Service of the Hudson Valley)
Feeling unsure about current political changes and how you'll be affected?
With the current administration discussing legislation that may affect our community, it is important for us all to know our rights; both those being threatened and those that are safe to stay.
Join Legal Services', Neelu Pathiyil for an important discussion on current policy and protections available to the LGBT community.
Tuesday June 27th Topic - Things Your Doctor Might Not Tell You (And Things You Should Tell Your Doctor) (with David Leven of End of Life Choices New York)
Advocate for yourself! Join us to learn valuable information about:
- Why many doctors under treat pain and how you can get effective pain treatment
- What palliative care is and how and when it can benefit you
- Why dying is very different today than it was 100 years ago
- How to inform your doctors about your end of life care goals and treatment preferences
- The difference between a health care proxy, a living will, and a DNR
252 Bryant Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
Google map and directions