Westchester Trans Forum
Thursday, November 30th from 10:00am-2:30pm
250 Bryant Avenue, White Plains, NY (Upstairs from The LOFT)
The Westchester Trans Forum hosted by The LOFT: LGBT Community Services is an annual event for our local transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) communities, allies, and health and human service providers. The goal is to provide a safe space for discussion, sharing and learning related to the needs of persons of trans experience.
Registration for this event is free.
Registration for this event is CLOSED.
Please contact Shepard Verbas if you have any questions: (914) 9448-2932 x13 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check-in and Continental Breakfast begins at 9:30am
10:00am – 11:00am: Opening Remarks and Keynote Speaker featuring Honest Accomplice Theater's Trans Literacy Project!
11:05am - 12:05pm: Breakout Session 1
- Transgender 101 presented by LOFT Volunteer Anthony Arrien
- Trans Legal Clinic presented by Christopher Oldi, Esq. and Neelu Pathiyil, Esq. of Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
- Transgender Mental Health presented by Ivan Diller, LCSW, P.C.
12:05pm - 12:35pm: Lunch
Lunch will be provided, please tell us any dietary restrictions upon RSVP
12:40pm - 1:40pm: Breakout Session 2
- Non-Binary 101 presented by LOFT Manager of Programs and Services Shepard Verbas
Financing Transition and Navigating Insurance presented by Transcend Legal
- Dating, Disclosure and Healthy Relationships presented by Lisa Scott of WJCS’s Center Lane
1:45pm - 2:30pm: Community Member Panel and Closing Remarks
Funding provided by the NYS DOH AIDS Institute LGBT HHS Initiative.