24 hours per week
Reports to Executive Director
On-site, Flexible Schedule
Compensation: $21 per hour
Location: 252 Bryant Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605 This position is on-site
Founded in 1983 and incorporated in 1993, The LOFT LGBTQ+ Community Center provides a safe gathering place for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and supportive communities of Westchester County and the Hudson Valley region. The LOFT facilitates a wide range of educational, health, social service, and recreational programs, and advocates for improved services for the LGBTQ+ community. Our mission is to further the cause of inclusion, diversity, and pride through education, advocacy, and celebration.
The LOFT is seeking a Part-time assistant to provide administrative support to our executive director and the organization as a whole. The ideal candidate will be organized, efficient, and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills and a commitment to our mission of promoting
LGBTQ+ rights and equality. The position is currently part-time but has the potential to grow into a full-time position with benefits.
Required duties (but not limited to):
- Assist with billing and reporting procedures.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications, including phone calls, emails, and mail.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of events and meetings.
- Help maintain accurate records and files, including donor and member information.
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including tracking donations and preparing acknowledgments.
- Perform general office duties, including ordering supplies and maintaining equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Cultural competency sensitivities to the diverse characteristics of the LGBTQ+ communities and intersections of identity including gender identity &; expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, disability, and socio-economic status.
- Cultural and linguistic competence working with the transgender, gender non-conforming, non-binary communities.
- Effective communication, computer, and documentation skills; proficient in Word, Excel, Google Workspace, and electronic record keeping.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual +++
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
The LOFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit www.loftgaycenter.org