Beyond the Pronoun is a free, 10 week workshop series using improv to deepen connections between people across the gender spectrum.
This is a FREE 10 week program, being held from 7-9:30pm every Tuesday from February 26th-April 30th from 7:00pm-9:30pm.
Upstairs from The LOFT in the The Memorial Methodist United Church (250 Bryant Ave)
Next Meetings: Tuesdays, April 2nd-30th (this is a closed group, not open to new attendees)
About the series:
- The first 9 weeks feature a dinner and class, the last week will be a public performance
- Two different group members will meet at 6:00pm every week to make dinner for the group with a local chef. Group Dinner starts at 7:00pm.
How the workshops work:
- Each class will consist of warm-ups followed by scene work - and no prior experience is necessary, the work will be scaffolded to meet you needs and will be built upon gently and gradually. The emphasis of this improv will not be on being funny, but rather on building on what your scene partner offers.
- Anyone who wants to bow out of a scene can do so at any time and without explanation, however, the goal is to get the whole class tuned into each other so that that doesn’t happen too often.
- There will be a lot of work on merely being present, as well as work on building as opposed to rejecting or denying, stretching emotional repertoires and status work
Beyond the Pronoun is free to participate, including meals, however a pre-registration conversation with the program instructor is required.
252 Bryant Ave
White Plains, NY 10605-2103
Google map and directions