40 hours per week
Compensation: $24 per hour, health benefits, retirement plan
Location: The LOFT LGBTQ+ Community Center, 252 Bryant Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605 This position is on-site
Founded in 1983 and incorporated in 1993, The LOFT LGBTQ+ Community Center provides a safe gathering place for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and supportive communities of Westchester County and the Hudson Valley region. The LOFT facilitates a wide range of educational, health, social service, and recreational programs, and advocates for improved services for the LGBTQ+ community. Our mission is to further the cause of inclusion, diversity, and pride through education, advocacy, and celebration.
The LOFT is seeking a Program Manager to facilitate and manage core programs including The LOFT’s Helpline, Intimate Partner Violence survivor services, and some Youth and Family programming. The person will also be part of The LOFT’s Training team.
Required staffing and duties (but not limited to):
- Facilitate groups and provide trainings as assigned.
- Provide timely referrals, information, and assistance via phone, e-mail and in-person drop-ins.
- Process requests for LOFT group information on a daily basis
- Screen service providers on their level of LGBTQ+ cultural competency and assist in trainings to increase knowledge and awareness on LGBTQ+ communities and issues impacting them.
- Provide LGBTQ+ survivor advocacy services in the fields of IPV, DV, SA, and hate & bias crimes and participate in related local and state networks.
- Create opportunities for feedback and input from program participants.
- Record keeping and data management for multiple databases containing organization, group, and client-level data including the Helpline database of LGBTQ+ affirming businesses and services.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting on program activities.
- B.A. or B.S. in human services or related field preferred; or equivalent experience required.
- Cultural competency sensitivities to the diverse characteristics of the LGBTQ+ communities and intersections of identity including gender identity &: expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, disability, and socio-economic status.
- Cultural and linguistic competence working with the transgender, gender non-conforming, non-binary communities.
- Training and experience in program development, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Effective communication, computer and documentation skills; proficient in Word, Excel, Google Workspace and electronic record keeping.
- Experience with trauma-informed practices, motivational interviewing, stages of change, or other evidence-based practices.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgement, initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass a background check to work with youth.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bilingual +++
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
The LOFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit www.loftgaycenter.org