HVTF Workshop Breakout 1 | Friday, November 11th | 10:40-11:55am
New Transgender Healthcare Option in the Hudson Valley
Workshop Description: Learn about the healthcare services of the Jacobs Family Pride Wellness Center located in West Nyack, NY. Opened in November 2021, it offers primary care, gender affirming care, sexual and reproductive health, and HIV care for ages 16 and up.
Workshop Format: This will be an informal conversation.
Loren Klein (he/him) is the Director of Health & Wellness at the Rockland Pride Center. He supports and advocates for community members in navigating healthcare and social services, educates professionals on LGBTQ+ topics, and holds transgender and non-binary community wisdom on surviving outside systems.
About Phyllis B. Frank Pride Center of Rockland County:
The Rockland County Pride Center is a 501(c)(3) LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer) community center with a justice focused mission. Rockland Pride works to improve the lives of LGBTQ+ people through:
- Free and low-cost community events;
- Monthly support groups;
- LGBTQ+ Youth Program to empower and support young people;
- NEW Senior Drop-In space;
- Partner with Montefiore Nyack Hospital to provide LGBTQ+ healthcare at the Jacobs Family Pride Wellness Center;
- Survival services to ensure everyone’s basic needs are met;
- Referrals, individual advocacy, and navigation around medical care, mental health, housing, legal, and social services;
- Advocacy to address discrimination, close service gaps, and make change.
We envision and manifest an abundant world where LGBTQ+ people of all ages are safe, pursuing their dreams and goals, and held by a strong, vibrant community.