Lions are groups of service-minded people who are interested in doing volunteer work to improve their communities. We are young people, families, and Baby Boomers alike. To become a Lion is to become an active volunteer, a member of a respected international organization, a leader in your community and a friend to people in need.
The Westchester Pride Lions Club meets on the 4th Thursday of every month at 7:00pm.
Next Meeting: Thursday, June 28th.
As a Lion you will:
- Help your community and gain valuable skills
- Make an impact on people's lives locally and internationally
- Learn to be a learer and lead a respected organization
- Network with business people in your community and around the world
- Energize your life and have fun
Recent service projects include:
- Assist Hope Community with 1st same gender Valentine’s Day Party
- Collection of non-perishable food items for Hudson Valley Community Services food pantry
- Publicize and volunteer at GLSEN Annual Leadership Awards
- Clothing sorting to donate winter coats to the needy
- Table and march at Westchester Social Justice Forum
If you have any questions regarding the Westchester Pride Lions Club please contact Wilfredo Morel at (914) 643-4392
Collection for the Homeless
Westchester Pride Lions club is collecting new products to prepare personal care kits for the homeless who are in need for a brighter day and a better tomorrow. With every donation you will be making a difference in someone’s life , benefiting them and giving hope to those who have had misfortunes that were caused by job lose, death in family or trouble over coming life’s challenges. The more help given can better our community and bring us all closer for a healthier future.
Needed items are travel size:
- Socks (pair of high and low)
- Gift card (Walmart, CVS, etc.)
- Small first aid kit
- Hand lotion
- Mint / Gum
- Toothbrush & Paste
- Water bottles
- Small snacks
- Small soaps
- Sun block
- Cotton swabs
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Drawstring Tote Bags
Donations will be collected from June 28th to July 26th.
Drop off at The LOFT (252 Bryant Ave, White Plains, NY, 10605).
Phone (914) 281-1038