The LOFT is committed to connecting our community members with appropriate resources during this time. If you need further assistance, please contact The LOFT staff.
All staff contact information can be found here.
The LOFT LGBTQ+ Community Center has a limited number of KN95 Disposable Respirator Face Masks and iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests for distribution to our local LGBTQ+ communities.
Due to limited quantities, we are able to give one box per person of iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests (containing 2 tests) and two masks per person of KN95 Disposable Respirator Face Masks.
Thank you Assemblymember Chris Burdick and Senator Shelley Mayer for making these PPE supplies and COVID test kits available for FREE to our LGBTQ+ communities.
Materials are available for contactless pick-up at The LOFT by appointment only during center office hours Mon-Fri 10am-6pm.
To make an appointment contact The LOFT Helpline at 914-948-2932 x 13 or [email protected] The LOFT does not have the capacity to mail or deliver these materials.
Pfizer COVID-19 Booster Dose
Beginning October 6, the Westchester County Department of Health will be holding Pfizer vaccine booster clinics, by appointment only, every Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at 134 Court Street in White Plains. You are eligible to schedule an appointment to receive a Pfizer booster dose at one of our clinics as long as it has been at least six months since you completed your original Pfizer vaccine series and you fall into one of the following categories:
- Those 65 years and older
- Those 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Those 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
Please be advised that you must bring your COVID-19 vaccination card with you to your booster vaccine appointment. If you need assistance with registering, you can call (914) 995-7425.
Third Dose Pfizer and Moderna Vaccinations Available on a Walk-in Basis for Immune Compromised Individuals
- Westchester County Health Department Clinics (Walk-ins welcome, but appointments encouraged by calling
White Plains Clinic, 134 Court Street, White Plains, every Friday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m
Yonkers Clinic, 20 S. Broadway, Yonkers, every Monday and Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- New York State Vaccination Clinic at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The New York State Department of Health has authorized a third COVID-19 vaccine dose for those with compromised immune systems, following a recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Eligible residents can receive their third dose 28 days after the completion of their two-dose vaccine series and should contact their healthcare provider about whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them at this time. Those receiving a third dose must bring their vaccination card with them to the vaccination site.
The CDC is currently recommending that those who are moderately or severely immune compromised due to a medical condition or receipt of immunosuppressive medications or treatments receive a third dose. These conditions & treatments include but are not limited to:
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
To learn more, please visit the Westchester County Health Department's website.
FEEL SAFE AND GET PROTECTED in a Queer Affirming Health Space!
There's never been a better time to get vaccinated. STI health screenings will be available at both clinics as well.
The vaccine is FREE and for ages 12 and up!
We are also offering FREE rides to and from the sites.
Not only that when you show up you'll be entered to win CA$H PRIZE$.
We also have a few other goodies available too!
Ages 12-17 who get vaccinated at either clinic will be eligible to enter NYS's "Get A Shot to Make Your Future" chance to win a full scholarship to a SUNY or CUNY school.
You can make an appointment here: www.tinyurl.com/pridevax or simply drop in--it's that easy!
If you need a FREE ride to and from, let us know on the registration form.
DROP-INS ALSO WELCOME!
The CDC has released updated guidance on mask-wearing and physical distancing. Fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by law or regulation.