Run by Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming and Non-Binary (TGNCNB) peers & in partnership with community allies for the TGNCNB community in the counties of Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Westchester, and Sullivan. Connection to trans-related empowerment workshops community support, health & wellbeing resources, and peer navigation.
When you’re trans, gender non-conforming, or non-binary, life can be overwhelming. Whether it’s making rent, finding a therapist, or getting your medication, it feels like the deck is stacked against us. Trans Support of the Hudson Valley (TSHV) is led by trans folx who are here to support you as we find a path to a better life together. Every trans person deserves to be their authentic self AND have the support to manage their unique problems. We are always there to hear you out and connect you to what you need when you need it. Contact us today to learn more about joining the TSHV family. There's a place for you here.
Who is it for?
TSHV is open to anyone 18 or older, who is a resident of the Hudson Valley* and identifies as trans, gender non-conforming, or non-binary.
*The Hudson Valley includes the seven counties of Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester
How do you start?
Give us a call or text, shoot us an email, or fill out the interest form below!
Contact Mia Edwards (she/her) at (914) 419-0503 or [email protected]
- Meet with us to discuss your issues and how we can help you find a path forward
- Complete the registration process
- Start working toward your goals with our help
- Find your way to a happier, healthier you!
We can help you:
- Meet other TGNCNB community members and learn about important trans issues at TSHV events and workshops
- Set career goals and look for a job
- Get linked to medical care and therapy
- Connect you to affordable housing options
- Learn about public benefits like disability or unemployment
- Get tested for HIV/STIs and Hep C
- Access PrEP or PEP
Where's PROUDWST Me?
The LOFT’s PROUDWST Me program is now known as Trans Support of the Hudson Valley. We are still the same family of trans folx, here to support the community—just with a new name. And who can’t relate to that?
Contact/Case Manager: Mia Edwards (she/her) | (914) 419-0503 (cell) | (914) 948-2932 x10 (office) | [email protected]
Peer Navigator: Ejike Figueria (they/she/he) | (914) 419-1235 | [email protected]
Enrollment is free.
|Click here for the TSHV Workshop Series|
- Young Adult Trans Support Group: For ages 18-29, meets 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of every month (6:30-8:00pm)
- Trans Peer Support Group: For ages 18 and up, meets 1st & 3rd Sundays (4-5:30 pm) and 2nd & 4th Saturdays of month (5:30-7:00 PM)
- T-Time: For POC TGNCNB, ages 18 and up, meets 2nd & 4th Wednesdays (6:30-7:30pm)
TransMission is a small scholarship of funds available to applicants who identify within the trans & non-binary communities to offset medical, surgical, legal, and/or social transition-related expenses which are not otherwise covered by insurance. Please note: TransMission scholarships are "microgrants" meant to offset costs related to therapy, hormones, gender-affirming clothing/living expenses, etc, and will not cover the complete cost of most surgical procedures.
Trans-related content that has been published in OUTSpoken: The LOFT's LGBTQ+ Community Blog:
- 5 Facts About Transgender Icon Aimee Stephens
- Do You Inject Hormones? Read About Staying Safe From Hepatitis C
- Supreme Court Guarantees Work Protection for LGBTQ+ Community
- Senator Gillibrand Makes Historic Announcement At The LOFT
- Telling Our Stories: Burning Bright With Flame
- National Coming Out Day: A Poem by Dakota Pinon
- Pronouns With Alex: A New Column
- Does Being Trans, Gender-Non-Conforming, or Non-Binary Put You at Risk For HIV?
- We See You: How the Hudson Valley Trans Forum Aims To Empower the Community
- Ballroom Culture: The Black LGBTQ+ Born Culture Inspiring Millions Around The World
- Transgender Children Are Under Attack—The Time for Action is Now
- Rising Higher and Higher! LGBTQ+ Olympians Rising
To see all the programs and services offered by The LOFT click here!