The LGBTQ+ Knitting Circle is open to all experience levels. Beginners welcome!
Some materials provided, but we encourage you to bring your own.
Read below for suggestions and reccomendations.
LGBTQ+ Knitting Circle is back from Hiatus!
When: This group meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 6:30pm-8pm
and on the third Wednesday of every month from 11:30am-1pm
Where: The LOFT Campus
Contact: The LOFT Helpline at [email protected] or (914) 948-2932 x13
- Size 8 straight, bamboo needles
- Yarn, look for something that's DK, worsted, or aran weight (may also be listed as weight 3 or 4 or as light or medium weight)
- A bag to hold your supplies
- Please avoid using plastic or metal needles if you are a beginner, as these are more difficult to work with.
- Bamboo needles are very affordable and widely available.
- We reccomend any natural fiber (cotton, wool, etc.) or a blend of natural fibers. It doesn't have to be expensive, but please avoice 100% acrylic yarn as this is difficulr to work with, especially as a beginner.
LOFT Social Groups are open groups that welcome everyone ages 18 and over. Groups are led by members of the LGBTQ+ and allied communities. There is no need to preregister and no fee to attend.
Donations are welcome. Suggested donation is $5; more if you can, less if you can't. Fees related to activities are the responsibility of participants. To donate, click here or text The LOFT to 44321.
252 Bryant Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
Google map and directions