The LGBTQ+ Knitting Circle is open to all experience levels. Beginners welcome!
Some materials provided, but we encourage you to bring your own.
Read below for suggestions and reccomendations.
LGBTQ+ Knitting Circle is back from Hiatus!
When: This group meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 6:30pm-8pm
and on the third Wednesday of every month from 11:30am-1pm
Where: The LOFT Campus
Contact: The LOFT Helpline at [email protected] or (914) 948-2932 x13
- Size 8 straight, bamboo needles
- Yarn, look for something that's DK, worsted, or aran weight (may also be listed as weight 3 or 4 or as light or medium weight)
- A bag to hold your supplies
- Please avoid using plastic or metal needles if you are a beginner, as these are more difficult to work with.
- Bamboo needles are very affordable and widely available.
- We reccomend any natural fiber (cotton, wool, etc.) or a blend of natural fibers. It doesn't have to be expensive, but please avoide 100% acrylic yarn as this is difficult to work with, especially as a beginner.
LOFT Social Groups are open groups that welcome everyone ages 18 and over. Groups are led by members of the LGBTQ+ and allied communities. There is no need to preregister and no fee to attend.
Donations are welcome. Suggested donation is $5; more if you can, less if you can't. Fees related to activities are the responsibility of participants. To donate, click here or text The LOFT to 44321.