The LOFT's Rebuilding Rainbows program provides advocacy, connection, and support for LGBTQ+ survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV), domestic violence, family violence, sexual assault, and elder abuse.
What is IPV, domestic violence, family violence, sexual assault & elder abuse?
Click here for definitions
Is my relationship healthy?
Abuse can happen in any relationship and take many forms including: physical, sexual, emotional/mental, and financial. Sometimes an abusive relationship looks like a partner controlling how often you leave the house, where you go, and who you spend time with. Sometimes abuse in a relationship looks like a partner who invalidates you by telling you that you don't "pass" well enough, or that no one will believe you because of your identity.
Ultimately, an abusive relationship occurs when a partner (family member, caregiver, etc) uses tactics to maintain power and control over a survivor on a consistent basis.
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, we are here to support you.
Connection to a Rebuilding Rainbows LGBTQ+ Survivor Advocate can include
- Safety planning
- Assessment of goals
- One-on-one resource connection to shelter, legal, employment, and support services
- Accompaniment to appointments, if needed (note: our advocates may accompany for support only, and do not provide legal advice)
- Connection to LGBTQ+-affirming peer support groups and community
- Follow-up connections for re-assessment of goals and services needed
Additional services Rebuilding Rainbows provides
- "Queering the Conversation on Healthy Relationships" social media live series
- Featuring local community partners
- LGBTQ+ Survivor Support Group - launch date TBD
- Community outreach and advocacy
- Intimate Partner Violence in LGBTQ+ Communities Professional Training Series
If you or someone you know is experiencing violence or abuse from an intimate partner, family member, or caregiver, please reach out to us. You are not alone. The LOFT is a safe-space and together we will connect you with the supportive services you need.
Call, email or visit the center to speak with The LOFT's Rebuilding Rainbows Advocate
(914) 948-2932 x13 | [email protected]
Donations are welcome. Suggested donation is $5; more if you can, less if you can't. To donate, click here or text The LOFT to 44321.