The LOFT LGBTQ+ Community Center is PROUD to celebrate TRANSGENDER AWARENESS WEEK (Nov 13-20)! The LOFT has been at the forefront advocating for Trans rights, educating the broader community on the needs of our Trans family, and celebrating the incredible contributions made by our TGNCNB folx! Please have a look below at all the resources, programs and services we have available for our TGNCNB Family!
- Young Adult Trans Support Group: For ages 18-29, meets 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of every month
- Trans Peer Support Group: For ages 18 and up, meets 1st & 3rd Sundays (4-5:30 pm) and 2nd & 4th Saturdays of month (5:30-7:00 PM)
- T-Time: For POC TGNCNB, ages 18 and up, meets 1st & 3rd Fridays (7:00-8:00 pm)
PROUDWST Me is for any adult (18+) who identifies as trans, gender non-conforming or non-binary and can benefit from free support services. We especially hope to reach communities of color.
Run by Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming and Non-Binary (TGNCNB) peers
and in partnership with community allies, the PROUDWST Me program can help:
• Ensure you know your health status
• Increase access to HIV/STD/HEP-C prevention services and
high-quality medical care, including PrEP
• Refer you for assistance with housing, employment, education,
public benefits and mental health services
• Prevent social isolation
TransMission is a small scholarship of funds available to applicants who identify within the trans & non-binary communities to offset medical, surgical, legal, and/or social transition-related expenses which are not otherwise covered by insurance. Please note: TransMission scholarships are "microgrants" meant to offset costs related to therapy, hormones, gender-affirming clothing/living expenses, etc, and will not cover the complete cost of most surgical procedures.
The Hudson Valley Trans Forum is held annually in November* (*2021's forum will be held in January 2022). Each year's event features keynote speakers, panel presentations, local resources, and networking & community-building opportunities. Throughout the day, attendees are able to choose from workshops on topics pertaining to TGNCNB rights & advocacy, health & wellness, and empowerment & authenticity.
About TDOR: Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) is observed annually on November 20th to memorialize those who have been murdered as a result of anti-transgender violence and to draw attention to the continued violence endured by the transgender community.
Transtober Fest is an outdoor fall-themed fair for transgender, gender non-conforming & non-binary (TGNCNB) community of all ages. (under 18 attendees must be accompanied by an adult)
Trans-related content that has been published in OUTSpoken: The LOFT's LGBTQ+ Community Blog:
- 5 Facts About Transgender Icon Aimee Stephens
- Do You Inject Hormones? Read About Staying Safe From Hepatitis C
- Supreme Court Guarantees Work Protection for LGBTQ+ Community
- Senator Gillibrand Makes Historic Announcement At The LOFT
- Telling Our Stories: Burning Bright With Flame
- National Coming Out Day: A Poem by Dakota Pinon
- Pronouns With Alex: A New Column
- Does Being Trans, Gender-Non-Conforming, or Non-Binary Put You at Risk For HIV?
- We See You: How the Hudson Valley Trans Forum Aims To Empower the Community
- Ballroom Culture: The Black LGBTQ+ Born Culture Inspiring Millions Around The World
- Transgender Children Are Under Attack—The Time for Action is Now
- Rising Higher and Higher! LGBTQ+ Olympians Rising